Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cease and Desist


Dear Insensitive Co-Worker,

I am writing to ask you, why? Why do you insist on bringing fattening, unhealthy, anti-diet food to work and then leave it in the kitchen? Why do you feel the need to "share" with everyone in the office? I'm sorry that your guests didn't eat all of your corn muffins, dinner rolls, and cookies. It is not my problem that you had a craving for cake and didn't want to eat the whole thing. It is not my fault that your Great Aunt Emily dropped of six dozen of her double chocolate chip cookies. I don't want them! I don't need them! I AM ON A FREAKING DIET!

I must ask you to cease and desist with this behavior immediately. If the urge to "share" overwhelms you- bring fruit! Bring granola! Bring protein bars! But for the hope that one day my thighs will fit into a size 10 again PLEASE DO NOT bring that crap I keep finding in the kitchen.

Sincerely,
Dara

P.S.- I know it's the holidays...I don't care. You bake it. You eat it. I don't want it.

2 comments:

Trish on December 1, 2010 at 6:07 AM said...

Dara, I just love this! I giggled when I read and it and know how you feel!

Get a clue people, we are working hard here to be healthy!

Dara Young on December 1, 2010 at 12:06 PM said...

I needed to vent...it spewed onto the screen. I couldn't stop it. *blushes*

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie