Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Pictures

I posted a "before and after" photo of myself at my old WordPressblog, something I was hesitant to do because I hate having my photo online when it's not locked behind a password or where only my "friends" can see it (like on Facebook), but I had to show my progress. From November of last year to March of this year, I managed to drop 40 pounds and I looked better than I had in a long time.


For a while, I was kicking ass and taking names. I hit the gym every day, I was eating right, and I was feeling great. Then finals for my summer classes kicked in and I took a break. The break was only supposed to last through finals, but it ended up lasting a lot longer. Money got tight, motivation got thin, and I slowed way down. I still ate fairly healthy, but working out was something I now only do in my dreams. And no matter how many situps you do in your sleep, I promise you that your waist does not shrink.

I bought an elliptical machine a couple of months ago. It's still in the box and is now in my oversized "garage" closet because we needed a place for the Christmas tree. Unless we do some major rearranging in the living room, we don't have room for the elliptical. So, I'm going to have PK take the box to his old apartment and I'm going to set it up there. The apartment is in our complex, and I have to go clean out the place anyway, so this gives me extra incentive to get over there.

Anyway. Even though I haven't been working out, I'm still eating far less than I used to. I walk a LOT while I'm at work because we're so busy this time of year. And yes, I did the Nu-Lean program for 2 weeks (something I want to do again after the holidays are over). I gained 2 pounds back after I finished Nu-Lean, but I'm still showing 183 on my bathroom scale at home. I'm ok with that. I'm 59 pounds lighter than I was last year!

I was getting ready for my office Christmas party today and as I was putting on my makeup, I realized that my stomach doesn't wave at me nearly as much as it did last year around this time. It's because of this that I'm even willing to post a picture of me wearing a spaghetti strap shirt - last year, I had all my spaghetti straps hidden in the back of my closet, relegated to being under shirts instead of options for when the Texas heat skyrocketed to over 100 (as it routinely does in the summer). Now, I'm ok with wearing one out. I might not wear it to work or school, but my self-confidence is slowly coming back.


How are you doing in your weight loss journey? Do you have any "before" and "after/current" pics you want to share?

9 comments:

Trish on December 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM said...

Whooohooo! You look amazing! I am so super duper proud of you! You have been working hard and it is paying off! I do have before and after do you want me to send it to you for a blog post later or how what?

Christy Townzen on December 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

Yay!!! Your doing great. I'm looking forward to being more healthy and losing weight in 2011. I figure I'll wait til the first of the year to get started. I set up a new blog that is going to help me keep track of my progress. I think if I make myself blog at least once a week I'll stay on track. I really like visiting this blog. It's given me the motivation to shed the pounds and get healthy. Here's to 2011 and shedding the weight.

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on December 17, 2010 at 10:17 AM said...

The pictures don't lie and you sure can see the difference. Keep up the great work and you look really good.

Dara Young on December 17, 2010 at 10:20 AM said...

Great job Mama Kitty! And a great idea! You should do a big post of all out followers who want to share their before and after for 2010! Love that!

Baking with Melissa™ on December 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM said...

WOW~ you look GREAT~ Keep on Keeping on! xoox

Lynette on December 17, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

Sexy!!!! I am sooo proud of you!

Paige Prince on December 17, 2010 at 3:04 PM said...

Trish: I'm going to put a blog post together at the beginning of 2011 (Jan 7th is my first day to post in the New Year) of "before & afters" so if you could email me yours, I'll gladly post them! Thank you so much for continuing to motivate and inspire me!

Tyhada: You can start now just by making healthier food choices. You can wait until the New Year to start working out, but why wait? You feel SO GOOD when you get your blood pumping and your endorphins rushing. Stick with us Twitlossers and you can do it!

Dara: I think that's a great idea! I'm gonna put the call out on Twitter to see who wants to participate!

The Book Pimp Blogs, MR, & Lynette: Thank you so much! I was skerrd to post this. I don't wear tight clothes anymore because of the weight, but I felt pretty good about myself this morning. :)

Trish on December 17, 2010 at 3:36 PM said...

LOL I just reread my post..."how what?" I must have been drinking...ROFL! Love you!

mslizalou on January 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM said...

You look awesome! Way to go!!!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie