Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

1 step forward, 2 steps back


This week started on a fairly good note. I started my meds, and my eating feels like it's finally under control. I know it's not a magic fix, and I will have to figure out a way to resist the temptation to eat everything in the house, but it's a start. I'm eating more sensibly, and eating the right way (small meals & snacks throughout the day). I don't eat nearly as much as I did before... when I was able to eat more than PK in a sitting... And I'm feeling great!

When I got home Monday afternoon, I found the most beautiful gigantic box I'dever seen in the entire world. My Body Champ Cardio Dual Trainer had arrived! I found it on Amazon.com while searching for an elliptical that wasn'ttoo expensive and wouldn't take up my entire living room. And when I ran across this one? It was PERFECT! See, I can only do the elliptical - the low impact is perfect for my hips and knees. PK only likes the bike - which I can't do. So... combine them in one machine & you don't need an entire room take up by exercise equipment! WIN!

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put the bastard together, so I waited for PK to get home. And waited. And waited. He ended up having to work until 7:00, and even then he only came home because the computer kicked him off so that it could do it's nightly system backup. So, it was too late for him to start putting it together. I was sadface, but I can understand his need for food and sleep after such an incredibly long day.

Tuesday, I woke up feeling gross. Not like "Oh God, I'm going to be sick" gross, but "Oh God, I think my ovaries are trying to crawl out of my body" gross. Thing is, I'm on birth control pills and that girl crap wasn't due for another week! Unfortunately, I'm just now getting on these stupid pills, and my hormones are trying to adjust. (I apologize if any of this is TMI - I tried to keep it as vague as possible)


As much as I want my elliptical to be put together, I can't really do much in the way of exercising. Or moving. Nope, I have to have a heating pad on my belly, a big ol' bottle of Aleve, and the biggest bottle of water you have seen in your life (I'd say vodka, but alcohol & Phentermine don't mix well) all while cuddled either on the bed or on the couch. On the plus side, I haven't gone diving for the chocolate in the pantry. Or the ice cream in the fridge. Instead, I grab an apple or some yogurt.

I know I sound like a big baby, but it hurts. And me and pain? We're not friends.

So, while my diet is WAY better this week (and I almost feel like I'm not bloated at all), my exercise sucks. All I can say is that I pray this crap is over soon and my hormones level out with a quickness. I don't want any more surprise visits from that bitch Aunt Flo.

Today's bathroom scale reading: 193!

I go back to the doctor in a few weeks, and I'm going to make them let me go in the back to check my weight to see what their scale says. I want to see how much it differs from mine.

Question of the week: How do you deal with That Time Of The Month? Do you run for the chocolate, or do you exercise it out?

3 comments:

Natasha A. on October 15, 2010 at 6:46 AM said...

I know I *should* exercise it out, because ultimately I feel tons better.... but realistically I just veg on the couch whimpering and cuddling with The Mr.

Paige Prince on October 15, 2010 at 10:37 AM said...

LOL. They say that excercising helps. Of course, I call BS on that - it hurts! And it's gross. Nope, I much prefer the sitting on the couch with my heating pad & PK method. ;)

mslizalou on October 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM said...

I will exercise during that time, but really don't like it. Usually will do low impact exercising over my usually runs. Some months I do curl up on the sofa with the heating pad, but luckily only every few months.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie