Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Hello everyone! I am Trish and thrilled to be part of the Twitloss community! I have been on my weight loss journey forever for 2 years. During that time I have lost 70lbs. This is me, before and after.

 
I still have about 35 more pounds to go before I reach my 1st big goal. This last year has been the hardest. I have been working on loosing the same 5-7lbs. Up & Down. It seems the longer your on this journey the harder it becomes. Or maybe....it's because your tired, or you slip into a little bit of laziness. For me, the excitement of it has dwindled down, our schedule has gotten a little crazier and I suffered a hip injury in July during a run. I love running. I am not that good at it, but I love it. I can't run and some of the higher impact exercises make my hip scream. Instead of doing other things, I have been in maintenance mode. Which is ridiculous, because really why would I want to maintain a weight of 213lbs? So many excuses, blah, blah, blah!

A couple of weeks ago I was reading Dr Seuss to my 6 year old son. As I was reading, I had an AH HA moment. The book brought me back to the beginning of my journey. I know you are thinking, Dr Seuss and weight loss? Dr Seuss is brilliant I tell you. Let me just point out what I mean.


This is the 1st little paragraph from Oh, the Places You'll Go!

"Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

I smiled, Today is MY day (to start again)!

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose."

I can steer myself back in the right direction.

"I'm sorry to say so
but, sadly, it's true
that Bang-ups
and Hang-ups
can happen to you."

Oh I am hung up alright!

"And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun,
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done."

Oh preach it Dr. Seuss, I'm listening!


"NO!
That's not for you!
Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying. 
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing."

This is where I am getting all excited. Boom Bands for me, is that feeling you get inside yourself. That, oh I can do this!

"I'm afraid that sometimes
you'll play lonely games too
Games you can't win
'cause you'll play against you."

I am my own worst enemy. I sabotage myself.

"And will you succeed?
YES! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting. 
SO..get on your way!"


At the end of the book, my son jumped up and went on his way. Me? I sat there, clinging to the book, a little teary eyed and full of hope. I got up and went to the mirror and said out loud "my weight loss journey is my mountain. I can do this, I have done this, I can continue. I am on my way." 

Dr. Seuss, Freakin' Genius! 


It doesn't matter whether you are like me or just starting, you can do it. You can move mountains, you can have success, just believe in yourself. One small change, day by day and one pound at a time.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" ~Lao-Tzu

I have a plan, I went back to the beginning! I've started journaling what I eat, getting my 64oz of water in each day, and exercising M-F. YES!

I took my first step. What will be yours?



1 comments:

AimeeDee on October 21, 2011 at 8:15 AM said...

You are an amazing inspiration!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie