Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Checking In From The Injured Reserves List

Sorry...DH has had football on all day. :D If you follow me on Twitter then you know I broke my foot late last month. As a result I am not allowed to walk. At. All. That also means no exercise of any real value. At. All. Go me. Needless to say that leaves me on the couch and gaining weight. I do not know how much I weigh right now as I have been unable to actually stand on a damn scale to weigh in. Sigh. I am going to attempt to do some crunches and leg lifts on the floor this week...we shall see how this goes. Otherwise I am out of action.

If you have followed this blog this year then you are aware of the various setbacks I have faced all year. So please excuse me while I go have a freaking hissy-fit.

Okay...that's better. I mean honestly, I can't see 2011 end fast enough. Hopefully my health problems will go with it. Anyhoo. I will let you all know how the exercise attempts go while I wear the "Boot of all Evil" also known as the walking cast that I cannot walk in. Enough whining, I have editing to do. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Baking with Melissa™ on October 24, 2011 at 2:28 PM said...

Hey Lady,
I watched a documentary on Netflix called "fat, sick, and nearly dead" it was about juicing and how you can heal anything with food as your medicine! I was truly inspired. You can also watch Food Matters...these documentaries have really opened my eyes to what I have been doing to my body.
I wish you wellness sweet girl...sounds like its been one thing after another for you. :(

Paige Prince on October 24, 2011 at 3:54 PM said...

I'm totally watching those two documentaries.

Rofl I love those pics Dara! I'm so sorry that you've had a rough year, but you're getting through it and you're still motivated. As soon as you heal up, you'll get back up and you'll start exercising (safely!) again. I have the faith that you can do this, sweets!!

Xakara on November 1, 2011 at 11:24 PM said...

I'm so sorry about all of the setbacks! I've been right there with you with injury after injury and chronic illness.

One thing I can heartily recommend is weight lifting/resistance training while you wait for your foot to heal. Working on your lean body mass will increase your metabolism and at least help you maintain while you heal.

Chair dancing can really get your heart rate up as well. I know, when my knees refused to let me dance anymore, seated dancing on the balance ball saved me. With your foot, a chair or the couch would work just fine. You can even find chair routines on youtube.

Injuries and illness don't have to get us down. If you can move at all, do what you can for as long as you can, so you never feel that you have to give up!

Hugs,

~X

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie