Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Dear Diary

Good morning, twitlosers.  Twitloss followers?  You know what I mean!   It's been awhile since my last confession, right?  But, this blog is NEW and IMPROVED with more bloggers, and more fun.
But, like most of my school career, I haven't prepared for class. So this post is mostly going to be things I've been thinking about.  Ready?  Here we go.....

I actually like working out.  Shhhh, don't tell my friend Beth.  She told me this would happen, and I didn't believe her.  So we can NEVER tell her we had this conversation, okay?  I really did think she was full of the crazy when she said it.  After all, I've "worked out" before and never came to the realization that I liked it.  I certainly wasn't any good at it.  I absolutely NEVER looked forward to it.  Now, as I'm typing this, I am thinking about how I can't wait until my afternoon meeting is over, I can go home, put on my new shoes, and hit the gym. This is progress, people. Serious, serious progress.

I'm not gonna lie, seeing results helps. I am wearing a pair of pants that had been slated for goodwill because I couldn't get them buttoned, and a sweater that had been hiding out in the back of my closet because it was too tight.  The pants now are belted, and are still loose in the waist.  The sweater is on the baggy side of fitting. This is definitely motivation. I still have clothes in my closet that I can't wear yet. Those are my next goals.

Did I happen to mention that they've opened a freaking donut shop across the parking lot from me? Um....yeah, I am there almost everyday. The OLD me would be there eating a bunch of stuff without regard to calories. But you know what? It really isn't that hard to keep track of the calories eaten, even when it is donuts. Most of the online calorie trackers have Dunkin Donuts in there, and even though the store isn't a DD, the calorie counts are probably similar for things like glazed, cake, frosted, etc. Once you see how many calories you're eating, that is often good enough to make you turn away from the 2nd or 3rd donut.  I never would have believe that either, but it's true.

I guess all of this is a long winded way of saying.....hang in there. Whatever you're doing, it may not seem like it is working, but it is. It seems like it is taking FREAKING FOREVER, I know. Slow and Steady have never been two words I embraced, especially not in this situation.  But keep at it.  Before you know it, you'll be anxious to get to the gym.

Laugh all you want, it'll happen to you too.....

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Trish on October 17, 2011 at 7:05 AM said...

YAY! Such a great post! I love working out too, to bad we aren't close, we could sweat together!

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on October 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM said...

*muah* You are right. Slow and steady is ok. And shhh..... I like working out too ;) Tho lately I seem to have forgotten that *laughs*

Paige Prince on October 17, 2011 at 7:07 PM said...

I admit it: when I'm routinely working out, I love it. But since I haven't been doing it lately (I'm a bad, bad girl!) I don't. Ok, I still do, but I'll bitch and complain until I get back into the groove of things. :)

They're right -- Slow & steady wins the race, as cliche as it may sound. And watching the numbers go down on that evol scale makes it all worthwhile!!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie