Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Measure This!

So, it's been awhile, twitloss! 

I think we all had so much to do, blogging about this just fell by the wayside.  But, luckily for me, actually doing it has stayed pretty consistent.  Since we've lasted talked (October 17, 2011) I've lost about 25lbs, according to the scale. Some of that is muscle, though, because I've taken up lifting heavy things.  I like the heavy lifting!  There is something about the constant challenge and the immediate goals that make it appealing. I mean, constantly working up to lifting the next weight is a very satisfying.

Anyway, I also recently started C25K after saying I would NEVER run. One of the people at the gym talked me into trying it, and it hasn't killed me yet.  I'm only on week 2, but I'm considering this a milestone.


The 18th is also Measurements Day.  I'm trying to get this to be a monthly holiday, but so far no one is feeling it but me. This seems like a good place to track measurements though, so here goes:

Between December 18 and January 18:  Waist 1.5 inches gone, Hips 1 inch gone, Chest, same.

This is also month 6 of taking measurements so in 6 months, I've lost 6 inches from my waist (yippee!); 4 inches from my hips (hoooray!); and 2.5 inches from my chest.

A total of 12.5 inches gone in 6 months. And that's not counting biceps and thighs and calves and all the other things that people measure. I can barely remember to measure the big 3, adding anything else would be pointless. Still, I'll take 12.5 inches. I certainly DO NOT want or need them back.

So, this was me in November 2011, shortly after my last post.  And on the right, me on Monday, January 14th.  Apparently, wearing a nametag makes you look much heavier.  Who knew! 

Onward!








1 comments:

Paige Prince on January 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM said...

You are looking good!! So proud of you girly! Keep it up!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie