Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pass the Velcro Please!


Hi! I'm Dara Young, sometime Twitloss blogger and romance writer. You may remember me because I used to blog here weekly...not so much lately. Someone pass the Velcro please, I need to stick this time. :D So, here is where we stand (in case you missed it) I am 90% clear of the clot. *Happy Dance until overly winded because I am SO out of shape* That means I am off the meds and back to eating healthy.

Now, I will not say all is well, but I will say I am starting to pick up the pieces of the train-wreck that is my health. Here is where I stand:

Weight: 205lbs (no folks, that was not a typo)
Height: 5'9"
Hair: Blonde (that's right...I went blonde cause I can)
Boobs: lumpy (I have cysts, always have always will)
Skin: blotchy and prone to acne (apparently puberty is not over?)
Energy: What's that? Even when I sleep 9 hours I feel tired.
Migraines: Cyclical, but not totally connected to Aunt Flo
Temperament: Bitchy or on the verge of tears

There it is...my health status. I think you get the general gist of things. I have complained about all of this to my doctors, but I am not seeing the response I would like so I am tackling this alone. I will go in to all of this more next time, but needless to say I feel like crap! That said I have not given up...ok, there are moments when I want to, but I talk myself down. Anyhoo, what I am happy to report is that this week I have done pretty well.

Monday I shimmied, belly danced, when I got home from work for about 40min, Wednesday I woke up early and did yoga for an hour, and then this morning I woke up and shimmied for 20min and did yoga for 20min for a total workout of 40min. Yay me! Now, if you subscribe to my husbands line of thinking you might be asking: But did you sweat? Well, no. But I see this weeks victories as being those of combating and winning against being sedentary. I am working up to actual sweat. LOL!

In all seriousness, I am easing in to activities again. I am hoping to start back up slowly with an "easy" Billy Blanks cardio routine once next week and then maybe twice the week after that. See, I don't want to hurt myself because I have never had to exercise with this much weight on me before. It's crazy! So, I feel like I have a plan of action, My eating is better, but not great...there is always room for improvement. In the end, if I can shed a pound (or two) a week for the next month or so, I will feel like I made some progress.

Goal: 1-2lbs of weight loss a week for a total of 5-10lbs lost by June 16th

I am sticking to short term goals for now, I recognize there is a bigger picture, but seriously, I don't have the bandwidth to do more than baby steps right now. As I have been gone, what have you all been up to? Any significant weight losses I should hear about? Got any goals you are working on? Talk to me!

0 comments:

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie