Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Finding my motivation

Hello fellow Twitlossers!

So, everyone knows I've been SUPER TIRED lately. With 5am mornings every day and late nights of studying and taking care of my family, it's hard not to be! So where do I find the motivation to work out?

Good question.

I haven't been working out lately. I know, I know. This is a #twitloss post. I'm supposed to be talking about working out and losing weight! Funny thing is that I've somehow managed to lose weight despite not working out. How? Well, I haven't been eating as much because of the lack of time and the fact that I had a massive UTI and suspected kidney stones. I was in so much pain that I was nauseated constantly and eating was so low on my list of priorities that the weight just kind of melted off for a while.

Not exactly the best way to drop weight, but I'll take what I can get for now.

So. Now that the infection is gone and my appetite has returned, how do I kickstart my motivation? MUSIC!

While I'm getting ready before the sun has even made her appearance in the morning, I pop in my headphones so that I don't wake up Monkey or PK, and I shake my booty to my favorite artists. Lately, I've been on a Christian music kick, so I listen to artists like: MercyMe (a lot os MercyMe - they're my favorite) , Casting Crowns, Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Jeremy Camp, Newsboys, Sanctus Real, Matt Maher, Chris Tomlin, NeedtoBreathe, Natalie Grant, Tenth Avenue North, Ashes Remain, 33 Miles, Sidewalk Prophets, Kutless, Francesca Batistelli, Third Day, Brandon Heath, & Toby Mac (to see my playlist on YouTube, go here: My KSBJ)

My day doesn't officially start until I've heard the Good Morning song by Mandisa (featuring TobyMac). If I'm in the car, I crank it up as loud as it'll go and sing at the top of my lungs. If I'm in the bathroom, I boogie all over the place and usually end up needing another shower because I end up sweating because I dance so hard. It's such a fun song and it's the BEST way to start your day!

Wave away my yesterday
Cause I'm leaving it behind me.
Hello sunshine, come what may.
I feel something new inside me.
I hear the birds singing
Now my alarm's ringing
Get up, get up, hey!



What music gets you motivated?

0 comments:

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie