Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 43: Back In the Saddle Again

I feel great. It's very weird. This morning, I'm doing what I hate most in the day job (transcribing interviews), yet I'm sitting at my desk, chair swinging back and forth, with my headphones on jamming as if I'm listening to the radio. What's up with that? LOL. Also, when I got to work this morning I had to go upstairs for something. I actually jogged up the stairs!. That is so not me. Since the DH annoyed the heck out of me this morning, the only reason I can think of why I'm in such a good mood is because I actually got up and got back into my daily routine. It feels good!


This morning, I woke up and worked out with Tony Horton's Ten Minute Trainer. Looking at my log, I haven't done that since March 16th. Can you believe it? I'm such a freaking slacker. But, I think that's all behind me now. It felt good while I was doing it. While I working out, I was thinking, 'hey this isn't so bad.' I'm annoyed now that I allowed myself to drift away from it.

I also started guzzling water again. I've been slacking off on that as well. While I'm at it, I want to thank you guys. Even though I've been slowly descending into slackerhood, I've still kept up with the #twitloss thread on twitter. And, seeing those tweets even when I wasn't doing what I thought I should be doing, it still inspired me to not descend futher into the abyss. So for that, I thank you guys very much.

My goal is to first, go grocery shopping and buy a boatload of fruits and vegetables and to keep up the work I started this morning. This weekend, I'm going to be gone for a writing retreat and we gals usually stay up until 0 dark hundred chatting and goofing around. I doubt if I'll do 10 Minute Trainer Saturday or Sunday, but the weather is supposed to be decent enough to where I can drag my lazy butt out of bed and go on a run for those two mornings this weekend.

Oh and I still need to replace my scale. I've been coming in using the one at work, but to be honest it's nice to not have a scale in the house to obsess over every morning.

I'm so honored to be taking this journey with you guys! Thank you for all your support!

Day 1: 155 pounds
Day 8: 150.5 pounds
Day 15: 151 pounds
Day 22: 148 pounds
Day 29: 150 pounds
Day 43: 150 pounds

4 comments:

Cheeky Girl on April 12, 2010 at 9:45 AM said...

good for you!

I always feel better when I start doing workouts again after stopping for awhile.

Have a great writing retreat!

Pearl on April 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM said...

Lynette, I am so very proud of you! Nothing is hardercthan coming back from slacking and you did it!

Have fun on the retreat. Sounds great!!

Robin Bradford on April 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM said...

Add me to the proud of you camp! And look, you haven't really gained even after vacation and slacking (as you call it.) I think you were subconsciously still playing along even if you didn't think you were. Way to go.

Trish on April 12, 2010 at 1:55 PM said...

I too feel better after taking a break. I always take the weekends off, but even if it is longer, it feels great! Great job on keeping up the great work!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie