Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Confessions

I don't think I've been quite as bad as Usher, but.....




Man, have I been naughty. So naughty, in fact, I have gained 3 lbs! No, 3 lbs isn't a huge amount, but it is definitely more than I wanted. It is moving in the WRONG direction. It all started here of course. I brought home a lot of cupcakes one weekend. I wanted to try a bunch of different flavors, so I did. I didn't eat them all in one DAY, but.....over the weekend......sigh. After that, a general laxness about keeping track of food plus a general laxness about exercising......well, you get the point, right?

The GOOD news (is there good news?!) is that even when I was bad, I wasn't terrible. Why? Because I didn't have things here to be terrible. Once the cupcakes were gone, of course. I don't have candy, or cookies, or Coke, or chips around the house anymore. Not buying these things at the grocery store probably saved me from a calorie bender. Yeah, I bought chips from the vending machine to eat with lunch, but when you're buying calories .90 at a time, there is a built in limit. The other good news (ha ha ha ha) is that even at the vending machine, there are better choices made. No cookies or fruit pies or candy bars. We had a new juvenile selector librarian start this week so that meant, of course, bringing food in. One donut, instead of multiple donuts. One slice of cake (pre-sliced, thank GOD!) instead of multiples. This #twitloss thing is there even when you think you're NOT doing it.

Yeah, I'm still pretty fucking pissed off about the 3lbs, but it could have easily been 5 or 6 or more. And that, my friends, is how to see the world through rose colored glasses! Happy Tuesday!

1 comments:

Trish on June 23, 2010 at 10:19 AM said...

What you should be extremely proud of is you recognize what you did and you DID make good choices even if they were not great foods!

It is so hard, it is work every single day and we will get through it we will!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie