Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's my day and I am late!

*pffffffft* thats me huffing and puffing. I have been running around the house today trying to get things clean and get dinner started and completely spaced about getting my blog post ready.

Ironically I thought I did ok this week, no alcohol and I got to the gym twice. Yet, the scale says otherwise and I gained back my 2 lbs from last week? blah.

Since I am lacking in good news and advice, I thought I would just share something new I am doing - I am going organic. OK mostly organic.

Just this week I got my first delivery of beef from grass fed cows. Not only is it better for the environment, its healthier in many ways. If you haven't looked into yet, I urge you to. You can check out "why grass fed" for more info. I am also trying to stick to free range chickens, but responsibly raised pork is proving to be much harder thing to find.

In addition to the beef, I am buying fruits and vegetables from a local co-op. Bountiful Baskets tries to offer baskets of organic fruit/veggies at a reasonable price by buying locally and inseason, the downside is you get whatever comes that week. This is a big step for me, I am picky about veggies and fruit. But my first week was great - I got a ton of stuff and have come up with ways to use almost all of it (all organic and only cost $25)

So far this week I made:
Eggplant Parmesan w/ homemade marinara and asparagus
Lasagna with grass fed beef, squash, and spinich
Potato & Leek soup

Lastly, I am buying all my grains/snacks in bulk from an organic/natural food supplier named Azure Standard. The first delivery is on monday and I ordered a ton of supplies to make my own granola, trail mix, and bread. Now I just need to find places to store it all!

So thats what happened for me this week, big changes.... hopefully they help!

0 comments:

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie